Earlier tonight, Twitter CEO Ev Williams posted this tweet:
If you know of San Francisco businesses or other SF-related Twitter accts, lemme know. Preparing slides for @gavinnewsom‘s visit tomorrow.
Of course, the responses came flooding in.
Here’s a round-up of the responses. This includes both Twitter accounts related to San Francisco and companies based in San Francisco.
- @21stAmendment – Craft Beer Brewery Restaurant delving into the world of canned craft beer
- @7x7Magazine – 7×7 is San Francisco’s premier resource for Food, Fashion, Culture, Music, Nightlife, Parties and more. Go to 7×7.com to get to know San Francisco
- @7x7Radar – 7×7 Magazine’s Radar on SF Culture, Art, Entertainment and Events
- @ABC7NewsBayArea – News and notes directly from the ABC7 newsroom in San Francisco
- @AsianArtMuseum – We’re the largest museum in the western world devoted exclusively to Asian art
- @BayAreaBites – Bay Area Bites is KQED Public Media’s food blog
- @Booksmith – San Francisco’s leading independent bookstore
- @Caltrain – Caltrain service delays provided by riders. See URL for instructions to update
- @ChronicleBooks – An independent publisher of distinctive books and gifts
- @Coco_luxe – Coco-luxe Confections: luxurious truffles, salted caramels & sweets – To Share, or Not!
- @CSNBayArea – CSN Bay Area and CSN California. Home of the Giants, A’s, Warriors, Sharks, Kings, Cal and Stanford
- @Current – Tweets from within the walls of Current.com HQ
- @Emergency_In_SF – Follow some of the larger emergencies in San Francisco as they happen
- @Exploratorium – For the curious ones, the Exploratorium is a museum of science, art, and human perception
- @FrogDesign – Global innovation firm that helps create and bring to market meaningful products, services, and experiences
- @GetSatisfaction – The support network for people to get the most from the products they use.
- @GhiradelliSQ – More than just the best chocolate! Wine tasting, great food and fun shopping
- @GoldenGatePark – Up-To-Date Events & News on Golden Gate Park
- @JDVHotels – Joie de Vivre is California’s largest boutique hotel collection, with over 30 hotels, restaurants and spas throughout the state
- @JugShop – Specialists in Australia, NZ & Italian wines, specialty spirits, craft beer
- @KCBSNews – All News All the Time
- @KGORadio – The Bay Area’s most listened to radio station for over 30 years
- @kqed_arts – KQED Arts is a daily blog covering the San Francisco Bay Area
- @Live105 – LIVE 105.3 KITS San Francisco
- @MagnoliaPub – Haight and Masonic
- @missionpie – A corner cafÃ©, bakery, and neighborhood gathering place in the Mission that brings the flavors of local farms into the city and tells their stories.
- @MuniDiaries – a place to share and read rider tales
- @SanFranSymphony – San Francisco Symphony & Music Director Michael Tilson Thomas sets the highest standard of excellence in orchestral performance in over 250 concerts a year
- @SFRestaurants – Where do want to eat Tonight? Ask Dave….
- @sf_49ers – Official Twitter of the San Francisco 49ers
- @sf_giants – Official Twitter of the San Francisco Giants
- @SF_Weekly – The latest from SFWeekly.com as told by web editor Janine Kahn
- @SFStateCreativeArts – Media, Performing, Visual Arts at San Francisco State University
- @sfbc – Promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation
- @sfearthquakes – The SF Bay Area sometimes shakes. I tell you about it
- @SFist – Everything else you to know about SF & the Bay Area, news, arts, entertainment, politics, gossip, more
- @sfstation – SF Station is San Francisco Bay Area’s definitive online city guide to Arts & Culture, Entertainment, Food, Shopping, and Urban Living
- @sfzoo – The mission of the San Francisco Zoo is to connect people with wildlife, inspire caring for nature and advance conservation action (my pick)
- @spotus – We support journalists in the Bay Area through community funded reporting
- @TCHOchocolate – TCHO makes obsessively good dark chocolate from pod to palate in our San Francisco factory
- @Technorati – Who’s saying what. Right now.
- @TripIt – TripIt is a personal travel assistant that automatically organizes all your travel plans
- @Xobni – Xobni is a toolbar for Outlook
- @WoodenBoat – Historic wooden boatyard & nonprofit maritime museum on San Francisco Bay. Rod Bauer, Webmaster (schooner, sailboat, rowboat, woodworking, sailing)
- @Zeum – Zeum is San Francisco’s hands-on, multimedia arts and tech museum for kids.
Here’s Ev’s reaction to the response…
Holy smokes! Who knew how many SF-based orgs were on Twitter. Thanks for all the tips, tweeps!— Ev (@ev) March 10, 2009
Know of other good San Francisco based Twitter accounts? Feel free to leave a comment.
Here’s video of the meeting between Mayor Newsom and Biz and Ev from Twitter.