- Aura, the frame and photo startup, raises $26M as it nears 3M app users with 1M frames sold (TechCrunch)
- Golden Gate Park’s bison used to be chaotic escape artists — until one major change was made (SF Chronicle)
- The Best of Lenny’s Newsletter (Lenny Rachitsky)
- I Built an AI Chatbot Based On My Favorite Podcast (Dan Shipper)
- Self-Driving Taxis Are Causing All Kinds of Trouble in San Francisco (Slate)
- Is this the moment for Twitter alternatives? T2.social is one of them and the founder of that project… (TechMeme Ride Home podcast)
Some thoughts on ChatGPT / Education
Some thoughts / questions on ChatGPT and how it will impact education.
- How many students are already using it to write essays, book reports, etc.?
- What is the current awareness of educators about it and how many schools already have written policies in place about it this technology?
- Should it be highly discouraged for students, or could it be a good tool – eg to get a basic outline for an essay and then authentically write the essay based on that outline?
Here’s an example of ChatGPT providing an outline for a book report. Using this verbatim would be cheating of course but what if the student just used this as a framework for their report? I can see this also being useful for teachers for lesson planning.
The Hard Fork podcast interviewed a teacher who is very optimistic about using Chat GPT in the class room. This is in contrast to other stories that have developed around this – like the New York City school district banning Chat GPT in the classroom and another school teacher calling this the end of high-school English.
DALL-E 2 : Golden Gate Bridge 80’s Style
These images were generated using DALLE-2 using the prompt: “A picture of the Golden Gate Bridge at sunset viewed from an 80’s sports car, purple neon style”.